Well we're onto the week of The Force Awakens! Did you see the red carpet at the LA premiere today? I'm watching some on Periscope and it looks pretty insane. Harrison Ford walked by and waved. Did you know he's 73?? 73!! I can only imagine what the official opening nite will be like. (Must stay off of social media until we see the movie - on the 20th!)
And here we go onto the 9TH DAY OF STAR WARS
Mickey Ears Star Wars Cookies/Cookie Pops!
It's seems appropriate to mashup Disney and Star Wars into these cookies. Ever since Disney bought the SW franchise you see SW themed everything. It's almost a little ridiculous the amount of SW merch available. Almost. I figured Mickey ear cookies would make the most sense.
They are even no bake and start with store bought cookies to speed making them up. These little chocolate chip cookies worked great. Use a large icing tip to cut away a small edge of 2 cookies. Then fit the cookies together like Mickey ears and "glue" together with melted chocolate. They come together very quickly.
Most of the time is spent on the rest of the detail which is done with various colors of candy melting wafers (my most favorite kitchen supply!). You can decorate and share as is or use more melted chocolate to add sticks to make cookie pops.
Either way they are super fun!
|From top clockwise: Boba Fett, Yoda, Darth Vader, Death Star, Rebel Pilot, Chewbacca, R2D2, C3PO|
Are you sick of all the SW posts yet??? Well I hope not since there are 3 more days to go!
Stop back everyday for another Star Wars treat or follow along on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter! #12daysofStarWars
How To Mickey Ears Star Wars Cookies
- Store bought small chocolate chip cookies (or any flavor would work)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Various colors of candy melting wafers
- You will need 3 cookies per Mickey ear cookie (or cookie pop). Use a large icing tip to cut away a small edge of 2 cookies. Then fit the cookies together like Mickey ears and "glue" with melted chocolate.
- If making cookie pops, flip cookie over and add melted chocolate to center of cookie. Insert stick and let harden 15 minutes.
- Once chocolate is hardened (10-15 minutes) add other detail with colors of melting wafers. Add about 1/2 cup of wafers to a quart sized freezer bag, microwave in 20 second intervals until candy is melted (usually 3-4 intervals depending on microwave). Snip a small corner and "pipe" the candy. Use photos as a guide. Let one layer harden completely before adding any candy on top.
See all of the #12dayofStarWars Treats so far:
Day 4 Star Wars Roll Cake
Day 7 Star Wars Creature Candies and Cupcakes