The Countdown to Star Wars - The Force Awakens marches on!
Today is the 6TH DAY OF STAR WARS of #12daysofStarWars
Star Wars Oatmeal Creme Pie Galaxy Cookies!
Do you love oatmeal cookies? Me too so you'll love these.
Star Wars merch is everywhere. And when I say everywhere I mean EVERYWHERE. Because Disney is a marketing MACHINE. Have you seen this cereal in stores? It's Limited Edition of course.
But look, mini SW marshmallows! And little tie fighters and millenium falcon cereal! Who can resist that? Definitely not me.
After eating a few handfuls of the cereal I decided to make oatmeal cookies using the recipe on the Quaker Oatmeal container but swapped out some of the oatmeal and replaced it with the SW cereal.
I also tinted the batter grey so the cookies would look like space rocks. (mmm yum grey food!)
Then baked them up. Hubby said they looked like little piles of puke. I guess I can see his point, but I'm going with space rocks!
And really who can resist oatmeal cookies with some buttercream slathered inside??
Are you tired of SW treats yet?? No? Great because there's still plenty more coming!
Stop back everyday for another Star Wars treat or follow along on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter! #12daysofStarWars
Day 7 tomorrow!
How To Make Star Wars Oatmeal Creme Pie Cookies
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups of oats (uncooked)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Star Wars cereal (reserve some to add on top of cookies)
- 1-2 drops of black food coloring (optional)
- 1 can of buttercream tinted blue (if making sandwich cookies)
- blue non-pareil sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, sugar with mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add flour mixture (1/2 at a time) to butter mixture.
- Add black food coloring. Mix well.
- Add oats and cereal and mix.
- Drop by spoonful onto parchment paper.
- Bake for 5 minutes then add some marshmallows/cereal on top of cookies and sprinkle with blue non-pareils.
- Bake another 5 minutes or until just done.
- When cookies are cool, spread buttercream on one cookie and top with another to make sandwich cookies.