|From top and clockwise: First Order Storm Trooper, Captain Phasma, Flamethrower Trooper, First Order Snow Trooper, Storm Trooper, Snow Trooper, Sand Trooper, another Storm Trooper, Clone Trooper Phase 2, Cone Trooper Phase 1, and Scout Trooper|
We're getting close people! The movie is out in a couple days!! (well officially on the 18th but I'm counting the midnight showings on the 17th too!)
So I'm onto Day 10 of #12daysofStarWars
Star Wars Trooper Gingerbread Men!
Every year I usually do some fun mashed up gingerbread men (meaning gingerbread men decorated as characters from shows or pop culture). I did Star Wars themed ones a long time ago here but figured it was time for an "upgrade".
Start with your typical gingerbread men cut outs and cover with royal icing.
Once icing is hardened, add all the trooper details with black royal icing or you can use black candy melting wafers (aka candy melts). There are so many characters to choose from but I kept these to just the various different troopers since there have been so many over the course of all the movies.
The new Force Awakens movie also introduces the new "First Order" Storm Troopers, Snow Troopers and some neat Flamethrower Troopers! Oh and you can't forget the ultimate trooper all in silver/chrome - Captain Phasma. Can't wait to see them up on the big screen!
I think my favs are still the old school Storm Troopers.
Are you totally done with all the SW stuff - after all these treats I think I'm going to be done with Star Wars for quite awhile! Still really looking forward to the movie though!
Stop back everyday for another Star Wars treat or follow along on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter! #12daysofStarWars
How To Make Star Wars Trooper Gingerbread Men
- Store bought refrigerated gingerbread dough (or you can use your favorite recipe)
- White royal icing - see recipe here
- 1 package of candy melts in black
- Silver Color Mist
- Roll out dough and cut out gingerbread men shapes. Bake as directed on package.
- Ice gingerbread men with white royal icing. Let harden overnight.
- Spray one of the cookies with Silver color mist (for Captain Phasma)
- Add 1/2 cup of black candy melts to a quart size freezer bag and microwave in 15 second intervals until candy is just melted. Snip a small corner and "pipe" on details for the troopers. Use pc or google photos as a guide.
See all of the #12dayofStarWars Treats so far:
Day 4 Star Wars Roll Cake
Day 7 Star Wars Creature Candies and Cupcakes