Hi All! So what did you think of #12daysofStarWars Days 1 and 2??
Are you ready for the 3RD DAY OF STAR WARS?
Star Wars Surprise Inside Bundt Cake!
It even has little light saber sprinkles
I made this one a couple years ago and it's still one of my all time favs.
When you cut inside - surprise Master Yoda!
Eat cake - Yes you will....
My kiddos love this one. Chocolate cake and Yoda - What's not to love??
Only 9 more days (and treats) to go! And this movie better be great!
Stop back everyday for another Star Wars treat or follow along on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter! #12daysofStarWars
Day 4 tomorrow!
How To Star Wars Bundt Cake
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (mix according to directions)
- 1 box of white or yellow cake mix (mix according to directions)
- green food color
- For glaze: 1/2 cup powdered sugar mixed with 1 teaspoonful milk
- For light saber sprinkles: blue, red, gray (mix white + black), black candy melting wafers
- Star and blue non-pareil sprinkles
- Yoda shaped cookie cutter (or you can cut shapes out with a knife)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake green cake in a jelly roll pan (sprayed with non-stick spray) for 20 mins (or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean).
- Once cake is cooled, cut out Yoda shapes with cutter. Freeze these cut outs for 1 hour.
- Add some of the chocolate cake mix to a bundt pan.
- Arrange your cut out Yodas around the bundt pan in the batter as close together as possible. Make sure your Yoda heads are upside down as you will flip the pan over when done.
- Fill the rest of the pan with the remaining cake batter. Try to cover the entire Yoda shape with batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Start checking at 20 minutes.
- Once cake is cooled. Flip cake over onto serving tray.
- Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze.
- For light saber sprinkles: pipe small lines of red and blue candy melt onto parchment paper. Add a smaller line with gray candy melt as the "handle". Add small red or black dots on handle as detail. Let candy completely harden then remove gently from parchment and sprinkle onto cake while glaze is still wet.
- Add star and blue sprinkles.