Are you guys ready for another Star Wars treat?
2ND DAY OF STAR WARS
Chewbacca and Wampa Macaroons!
These are coconut macaroons (not be to confused with macarons) in vanilla and chocolate flavs. I love love - LOVE coconut and my kids do not. So these cookies are pretty much all for me.
And in comparison to French macarons - they are so easy to make.
I thought the flaked coconut would look like Chewbacca's and the Wampa's fur.
My kids said Chewbacca looks more like an Ewok - but I guess that works too!
What's your favorite Star Wars character? Are you excited for the new ones in the new movie? Can't wait to see them up on the big screen!
Stop back everyday for another Star Wars treat or follow along on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter! #12daysofStarWars
How To Make Chewbacca and Wampa Macaroons
- 3 cups of flaked sweetened coconut
- 4 Tablespoons of flour
- 4 eggs whites
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Melting candy wafers (in red, white, black, gray (mix white and black))
- white sprinkles (for wampa teeth)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together coconut, flour, egg whites, salt, vanilla. Divide into 2 bowls. Add chocolate syrup and cocoa powder to one bowl. Mix well.
- Drop dollops onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just done. Don't over bake vanilla or they will get brown.
- Once cooled, add details with melted candy wafers/chocolate.
- Add details by following pictures for Wampa and Chewy cookies with various colors of melted candy wafers. (add candy to freezer bag and microwave in 10 second intervals until just melted. Snip a corner and use to pipe the candy onto cookies)
See All the #12dayofStarWars Treats so far: