Hey all! I'm already onto the 5TH DAY OF STAR WARS!
Star Wars Character Christmas Gingerbread Cookies!
These are cookies from last year but I couldn't resist adding them to the countdown. I love the little Santa hats on my favorite characters - Yoda (always Yoda), Darth Vader, Storm Troopers, and Boba Fett, everyone's favorite bounty hunter.
These cookies are also my favorite flavor cookie of all time - gingerbread. I used SW cookie cutters for this but you could probably just as easily cut their basic shape out of the dough.
The Santa hats are cut out of the dough freehand and attached before baking. Use a little melted candy melts/chocolate to add the details along with some christmas sprinkles.
These cookies are pretty perfect for the movie month AND Christmas season. There are only 7 more days to go! WOOO!
Stop back everyday for another Star Wars treat or follow along on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter! #12daysofStarWars
How To Make Star Wars Christmas Cookies (characters with Santa hats)
- 1 package store bought gingerbread cookie dough
- candy melts in black, white, red, green, light green
- Red and green Wilton Color mist
- Holly and berries sprinkles (or similar red ball, leaf sprinkles)
- White non-pareil sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thickness. Using cutters, cut out shapes. Also cut out santa hat shapes.
- Attach hats to heads before baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just done.
- Once cooled, add details with melted candy wafers/chocolate.
- Spray hats with red or green color spray.
- Add details by following lines on cookies with various colors of melted candy wafers. (add candy to freezer bag and microwave in 10 second intervals until just melted. Snip a corner and use to pipe the candy onto cookies)