We're getting close peeps!
Next up on the #12daysofStarWars count down:
8TH DAY OF STAR WARS
Star Wars Christmas Wreath Treats!
Because doesn't everyone need a wreath decorated with Yoda and Vader?
I found these candies around Halloween time and couldn't resist buying them up.
There were also green and purple lightsabers. I added a little candy melt/sprinkles to give them a little more detail.
The treats are made like rice krispies treats except you swap corn flakes for the rice cereal.
Add some more sprinkles to finish the wreath look.
ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT!!
Stop back everyday for another Star Wars treat or follow along on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter! #12daysofStarWars
How To Make Star Wars Wreath Treats
- 4 cups of corn flakes
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- green food color
- Star Wars candy (found them around Halloween time)
- Other holiday sprinkles (red berries, green leaves)
- 1/4 cup candy melts or chocolate (to attach candies to wreaths)
- Melt butter in large pan on low heat. Add marshmallow and once just melted turn off heat.
- Add green food color - enough to make a nice deep green color.
- Add cornflakes. Stir until well combined.
- While still warm, shape into wreath shapes (spray hands with non-stick spray if too sticky).
- Melt candy melts/chocolate in microwave safe bowl. Add some dabs to backs of candy and sprinkles and attach to the wreaths.
See all of the #12dayofStarWars Treats so far:
Day 4 Star Wars Roll Cake
Day 7 Star Wars Creature Candies and Cupcakes