I made more madeleine cookies - this time more Halloween themed! Ever since I got a madeleine pan a few years back, I can't stop making them. A couple of Halloweens ago I did them in candy corn colors here.
They are still one of my all time favs today but I thought I'd try some other Halloween colors too.
This Halloween I went with purple, orange, and black.
Once you have your batter mixed up and tinted, add it to plastic freezer bags, snip an end and pipe your colors.
Keep an eye on them while they bake (only about 7-8 mins or so) so they don't brown too much.
Enjoy them with a nice cup of coffee or tea - just not pumpkin spice, I'm so over pumpkin spice since the PS everything has ruined it for me.
Only about 2 weeks to Halloween! Woo!
Check out my other madeleine cookies here. They are so fun to make in lots of colors and stripes.
Striped Halloween Madeleines
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray your madeleine pan with non-stick spray
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and vanilla on high until well mixed
- Add confectioner's sugar and continue mixing until all combined
- Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture to the egg mixture 1/2 at a time and mixing well in between
- Fold in melted cooled butter.
- Separate batter into 3 bowls.
- Tint each bowl orange, black, and purple
- Add tinted mixtures to 3 separate freezer bags
- Snip 1/8 inch from each corner of the bag and pipe color layers into each madeleine cookie mold
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until just done (do not over cook as the cookies will brown and you will not be able to see the layers of colors as nicely)
- Let cool and decorate with melted white chocolate chips and/or halloween sprinkles