Last Halloween treat for the season - little itty bitty fudge bites with some spiders. Not quite sure they actually qualify as spiders - so maybe we'll just call them random bugs. I had some left over fudge from the retro joystick fudge so thought I'd squeeze another treat out of them.
I cut them into little mini fudge bites but they were a little plain on their own. I have melting candy wafers in almost every color they come in, so thought spiders in Halloween colors would be a fun addition to the almost black fudge.
Just melt a few discs of each color in a freezer bag in the microwave until just melted (10 second intervals - this usually takes about 3 nukes for about 10-12 wafers for me).
Bug eyes were added with a black food writer.
And that's pretty much it! Super quick and super fun for a last minute Halloween treat.
Put them out on a platter or add a handful to plastic baggie for favors. OK that's it for Halloween for me, onto Turkey Day!
Thanks for stopping by and Have an Awesome Week!
- 1 - 16 ounce can of chocolate frosting
- 12 ounces (about 2 cups) of black candy melts/wafers
- 1/2 cup of candy melts/wafers in white, green, purple, orange
- Black food writer
- Microwave black wafers in microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until just melted. Stir well until smooth.
- Stir in frosting.
- Add to lined 9X9 baking pan. Smooth and refrigerate until hardened (about 15 minutes)
- Cut into mini fudge bites.
- Melt candy wafers of each color in a freezer bag in the microwave until just melted in 10 second intervals. This usually takes about 3-4 nukes for about 1/2 cup of wafers for me - it could me more/less depending on your microwave.
- Snip a small corner and while candy is melted, pipe on spider/bugs. Let candy harden.
- Add black eyes with black food writer.
See the other Halloween treats from this year!