Are you guys as excited as I am for the new Beauty and the Beast movie opening on March 17th??
And although I love that Emma Watson (aka Hermione Granger) is Belle, I'm really excited to hear some of my favs as the infamous furniture and stuff in Beast's castle. In case you hadn't heard, the voice line-up is pretty sweet:
Ian McKellen is Cogsworth the Clock
Emma Thompson is Mrs. Potts the teapot
Ewan McGregor is Lumiere the candlestick
Stanley Tucci is Forte the piano
And some of the other peeps are neat too:
Kevin Kline is Maurice (Belle's dad)
Josh Gad is LaFou (Gaston's lackey - he was also Frozen's Olaf!)
So in prep for the movie I made some pretzels decorated as Belle, Beast, and their time sensitive rose.
In general they are pretty easy to make. I have a ton of candy melts in various colors and sprinkles hanging around the house so it was easy to pull these together on a Friday nite.
You could make your own little candy roses in place of these cereal roses, but I just happened to have some Moana cereal in the house (the cereal marketers get me every time!) so it worked out well. Spray them with some edible food spray and you have some quick roses that actually are pretty tasty on pretzels snacks.
My kiddos love sweet and salty so decorated pretzel snacks are an easy win for me (see below I've made them a bunch of times).
Plus that kinda represents Belle and the Beast to me with the sweet and salty theme - although not sure anyone would call the Beast "salty" - let's just go with opposites then!
I may have to save a few and smuggle them into the theater opening weekend when we go see it. Can't wait!
Beauty and The Beast Movie Pretzel Snacks
- 36 pretzel squares
- 12 white or egg nog candy wafers
- 12 chocolate candy wafers
- 1 cup of white candy wafers
- 1/4 cup extra chocolate candy wafers
- 1/4 cup dark blue candy wafers
- 1/2 cup yellow candy wafers
- 1/4 cup tan candy wafers (or use white and add 1/2 chocolate disc to make tan)
- 36 chocolate candy coated sunflower seeds
- 24 blue confetti sprinkles
- 36 yellow pearl large non-pareil sprinkles
- white mini non-pareil sprinkles
- 12 mini heart shaped sprinkles
- Black edible food marker
- Green licorice candy laces
- Red color spray
- 12 cereal shaped like rose (found using Moana cereal)
- Melt yellow wafers in a microwave safe bowl and add to a freezer bag. Snip an end and pipe to cover pretzel square.
- Sprinkle with white non-pareils and add white or egg nog wafer to center.
- Melt chocolate wafers in a microwave safe bowl and add to a freezer bag. Snip an end and pipe Belle's hair. While still wet add yellow pearl non-pareils to hair.
- Add 2 black eyes with edible food marker.
- Add heart sprinkle as mouth (attach with white melted candy).
- Melt blue wafers in a microwave safe bowl and add to a freezer bag. Snip an end and pipe to cover pretzel square.
- Add chocolate wafer to center.
- Outline edge with yellow melted candy (use same bag as Belle - if needed reheat candy for 5-10 second intervals until re-melted).
- Melt tan wafers in a microwave safe bowl and add to a freezer bag. Snip an end and pipe Beast's mane and fur.
- Add candy coated sunflower seeds as horns and nose.
- Attach blue confetti sprinkles as eyes.
- Pipe teeth with melted white candy.
For Rose Flowers:
- Cut 3 small pieces of green licorice strings for rose stems and leaves.
- Spray cereal shapes with red color spray. Let dry 10 minutes.
- Melt white wafers in a microwave safe bowl and add to a freezer bag. Snip an end and pipe to cover pretzel square.
- Add green licorice in shape of stem/leaves. Add tinted cereal as rose.
Prep time: 60-90 minutes Yield: about 36 pretzel snacks
You may like to other decorated sweet and salty pretzel snacks too!