Did you know Wonder Woman turned 75???
Still going strong for 75 if you ask me. As so many do, I have a thing for Wonder Woman as a strong and powerful role model. I know a lot of people probably have issues with her outfit these days, but I think you can kick some butt and still look good because you want to (not because dudes like it).
Anywhoo, in additon to WW turning 75, I made some candy hearts for both Wonder Woman AND Aquaman since they both have their own movies coming out next year. They both showed up in Batman Vs Superman so we got a preview of what they're up to. Aquaman is no longer the blond hair blue eyed comic book hero who has the power of talking to fish. He looks like a bad a$$ and is played by Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones fans will recognize him as Khal Drogo) and probably the furthest you can get from the traditional Aquaman look!
I know, right??
Although I love the new look, I still love the old orange and green colors as well.
For these candies, start with heart shaped peppermint patties (scooped up on sale after Valentines day - freeze them and they are as good as the day you bought them!)
Dip each top and bottom in some candy wafers/melts in the coordinated colors of Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
I know I just complained about hating to dip stuff here BUT these are really easy to dip and no expertise needed at all.
Dip one side then dip the other and add your accents while the candy is still wet.
Aren't they super cute?!
And I would totally ship a Wonder Woman/Aquaman romance. I don't think that's in the stars but it would be an interesting movie cross over angle!
Now go vote for your favorite Wonder Woman running for president!
Wonder Woman and Aquaman Candy Hearts
- 18 heart shaped mini Peppermint Patty (or other heart shaped candy will work too)
- 4 cups of candy melts/wafers (1 cup of red, blue, green, orange)
- 1/2 cup of candy melts/wafers (1/4 cup of black and 1/4 cup of yellow)
- white non-pariel sprinkles
- green sugar sprinkles
- Melt the candy wafers in microwave safe bowl in 10-20 second intervals until candy is melted. Stir in between intervals. Do one color at a time when you need to use them or candy hardens quickly.
- Dip 1/2 of heart shaped chocolate in each of coordinating super hero colors. Let candy harden 10 minutes in between dippings.
- While candy is still wet add sprinkles for accents (as in pictures)
- Add some yellow melted candy to plastic freezer bag, snip a small corner and "pipe" A (Aquaman logo) onto parchment. Let harden 10 minutes.
- Using same yellow melted candy in freezer bag, add detail to Wonder Woman heart (see pictures).
- Add some black melted candy to plastic freezer bag, snip a small corner and "pipe" blag band across Aquaman heart (for belt). While still wet add the hardened "A" onto middle of heart.
- Let dry 10 minutes.