So I was driving with my kid the other day and we both noted to each other how pretty the day was outside. A perfect autumn day with leaves all sorts of colors with a pretty blue sky. Some leaves were still on the trees and some already had fallen to the ground. It was so nice to not only to take the time to pause and really enjoy the moment - something many of use don't do anymore - but it was also great because I shared that moment with my kid, my baby - who is now 12.
I often get inspired by nature and I wanted to make something that was all autumn. I've used graham crackers as "canvases" before so thought they would be great as a background for some fall trees.
Start with popcorn!
I used Skinny Pop popcorn and sprayed it with some Wilton color mist. Again I love this stuff. It makes coloring stuff so easy.
Mix it up and you have some fun rainbow popcorn.
Use some melted chocolate to attach the popcorn to the graham crackers and use pretzel sticks as the tree trunks. I added some fall leaf sprinkles as fallen leaves.
They definitely remind me of the fall trees we were admiring the other day!
I plan on giving them to some kids that we will be spending time with as part of a Girl Scout volunteer activity. There is a temple that is hosting some families that are in transit and without a home until they get back on their feet. I figure some fun treats may brighten their day and make them smile. With so much anger and unrest these days I'm making it a point to do more to help or make a difference in the world. Even small things matter.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Autumn Tree Graham Cracker Cookies
- Popcorn (I used Skinny Pop Popcorn)
- Wilton Color Mist spray in green, yellow, and red
- 8-10 graham crackers
- Pretzel sticks
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Leaf shaped sprinkles
- Spread popcorn in baking pan and spray with Color mist (to have a mix of
- Melt chips in a microwave safe bowl and add to a freezer bag. Snip and end and add some chocolate to pretzel stick and attach to a graham cracker as the tree trunk.
- Use more melted chocolate to attach popcorn to cracker as the leaves.
- Outline the edges of the graham cracker and attach leaf sprinkles along bottom as fallen leaves.
Other Graham Cracker Cookies and Treats you may like!
Back to School Graham Cracker Snacks
Xylophone Graham Cracker and Twizzler Treats
Birds on a Wire Graham Cracker Cookies