Hello October and all that is pumpkin! I've been holding off on getting my pumpkin spice fix until it was officially October so now it's fair game! And since it's pumpkin season, I had to make my favorite Pumpkin King.
Just like It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, The Nightmare Before Christmas movie is a must watch during the Halloween season - and it works all the way into Christmas season too!
Jack Skellington aka the Pumpkin King and his sweetie Sally are one of my fav movie couples.
They remind me of me and my other half. Jack is a dreamer and once he gets into something - he gets into that something. Sounds very familiar. Sally is more practical and but holds off on any judgement even when she's right. That's definitely me although depending on who you ask probably debatable on the holding back part!
Plus look how cute they are together!
And who can resist a skull head cupcake?
I think Sally needs the her long hair and she looks a little wonky but hopefully a little recognizable. And I made mini Jack and Sally too - just because.
Happy Fall everyone! It really is my favorite season of the year. Have a great week!
Sally and Jack Cupcakes
- 12 baked cupcakes and 12 mini cupcakes (use your favorite recipe or box mix)
- 1 can of vanilla frosting (tint 1/2 light blue)
- 1/2 cup black candy melts/wafers
- 1/2 cup black dark orange melts/wafers
- 1/4 cup vanilla candy melts wafers or white round sprinkles for mini cupcakes
- 1/4 cup red candy melts/wafers or small red heart sprinkles for mini cupcakes
- Frost 1/2 of the cupcakes with white frosting and the other half with light blue frosting.
- Melt each color of candy wafers in quart sized freezer bag in 15 second intervals in microwave until just melted. Snip an end and pipe Jack and Sally details onto cupcakes.
- For Sally mini cupcakes add white sprinkles as eyes and add dab of black candy for center and red heart sprinkles as mouth.