So when Betsy from Java Cupcake and Cupcake Takes the Cake and Carrie from Bella Cupcake Couture said they were hosting a Cupcake Couture Blog Party AND would be sharing some of the cool and unique Bella cupcake wrappers with a bunch of bloggers, I was totally in! The challenge was to go nuts with a fun cupcake wrapper, create a matching or coordinating cupcake and then to style the cupcakes in a display using items already found at home. How fun is that??!
For this party I did some Wonder Woman cupcakes! If you follow me on Pinterest, may know I have a thing for Wonder Woman, so it was time to bring some cupcakes to life and this Blog Party was just the thing to get the creative juices flowing!
I was so excited when my cupcake wrappers came in the mail. Mine were these fun pink and white stripped ones!
And I used some inspiration from one of my favorite Wonder Woman shirts:
I love the pinky and purpley colors for everything so I went with those colors for the cupcakes.
Here is a run down of my cupcakes and set-up!
- Cupcakes-homemade chocolate cupcakes (that I had frozen from a previous project BTW-I always freeze baked cupcakes when I have too many. Just pop them out of the freezer and then let them thaw on the counter-always as good as the day they are baked!).
- Frosting-some homemade buttercream flavored with a packet of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations in White Chocolate Raspberry which gave a nice light purple color. The frosting is piped with a thin leaf tip using this tutorial from Robin of Bird on a Cake (Thanks Robin, your petals look way better!)
- Cupcake Toppers-I used candy melts like in this post to make the Wonder Woman logo, but again in colors to match the cupcake design. Then brushed with some Wilton Shimmer Dust in Pearl and added some white star sprinkles on the icing finish the Wonder Woman look.
- Some foam craft discs in yellow, blue, purple and pink that we already had in the house for some art projects (I kinda like this look by itself with the cupcakes!)
- Confetti- that was made from some of the kids' old comic books
- Comic book bunting - again made from triangles cut from the comic books and cake pop sticks
Please go check out the other bloggers participating in the Cupcake Couture Party!
Link over to their unique cupcake creations!
An American Cupcake in London
Bella Cupcake Couture
Chronicles of a Foodie
Crazy for Crust
Cupcakes Take the Cake
Diary of a Mad Hausfrau
Eat Your Heart Out
In Katrina's Kitchen
Inside BruCrew Life
Love From the Oven
Make Bake Celebrate
Not Just a Mommy
Sugar Swings! Serve Some
The Baked Equation
The Baking Cup
The Decorated Cookie
There is also a sweet Prize Pack as part of the party! Thanks to our amazing sponsors for their generous donations! Please, visit their websites to see more of their fabulous products!
Lil' Punkin Creations
Sweets & Treats Boutique
To enter to WIN this Prize Pack, simply fill out the entry form below.
Contest opens 21May13 at 0700 PST and closes 27May13 at 2359 PST. One winner will be chosen and announced within 24 hours of the contest ending. Winner will be contacted via email to claim their prize.
This contest is open to residents of the USA and Europe only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This was the first time I've used cupcake wrappers, and can I say how much I love them??! Since I bake a lot of cupcakes, these are a great way to dress them up a little and make them look really nice and professional. Also since darker cake cupcakes tend to bleed through the cupcake liners, the wrappers are a great way to hide that. It's really simple to use them too. There are 3 slits on the side of the wrapper and you select the size that best fits with your cupcakes. Want to try them?? Enter the giveaway and GOOD LUCK!!
Thanks to Betsy for pulling all of this together and for including me in this super fun party!