Hey all, it's February and time for all that is pink and red and heart shaped!
I love decorating graham crackers so decided to make some really simple edible valentine day treats made with lots of fun candies of the season.
If you head down the candy aisle you can't miss all the Valentine's Day goodies overflowing. My kiddos also love chocolate graham crackers so decided decorate them with some of their fav candy.
Marshmallows Peeps, Mike and Ike, and Hot Tamales
And my oldest loves loves LOVES conversation hearts. As with Peeps you kinda either love them or hate them. I love Peeps but I'm not into those chalky hearts. He on the other hand finished off a big bag in a week! Sheesh.
Putting them together is really simple. You basically ice a graham cracker with royal icing, add the candy in fun ways - like these flowers or add marshmallow heart Peeps, then let the icing dry.
Have them for a fun valentines day dessert or wrap them up for handing to your Valentines day sweeties!
Chocolate, icing, and candy with some cute sayings - So fun!
Since I can't watch the news these days without getting a headache I think I'll get my motivation from these conversation hearts! They make a lot of sense to me in this seemingly intolerant time we all are living in.
Be kind and empathetic to each other - remember try not to judge unless you've walked a day in someone else's shoes. Have a great week!
Chocolate Graham Crackers Decorated for Valentines Day
- Chocolate graham crackers (or you can use your favorite flavor)
- 1 cup of royal icing
- Assorted candy like Mike and Ike's, Hot Tamales, Valentines Peeps, and Conversation Hearts
- Non-pareil sprinkles
- Spread royal icing across tops of graham crackers.
- Add candies to while icing is still wet. Use Mike and Ike's or Hot Tamales to make flower shapes. I cut them in half but you could leave whole as well. Add conversation hearts or Valentines Peeps to the centers. Decorate with more candies as desired.
- Sprinkle with non-pareil sprinkles.
- Let dry for at least 2 hours.
- Wrap in treat bags or store in airtight container for 1 week.