My edible crafting with marshmallow PEEPS continues!
The fun people that work with the PEEPS brand were kind enough to send me some of their latest seasonal flavors! Sugar Plum Delight, Cinnamon Roll, Red Velvet, and Sugar Cookie. How fun are they??
Although they are already very festive, you can add some easy details and make them really ready for any holiday or Christmas party.
Make them into wintery polar bears!
Or give them fun little Christmas hats!
Birds get cold too so add some tiny ear muffs!
Or turn them into reindeer - or go directly to the most famous reindeer of all
I usually add PEEPS to cupcakes (which would be A.DOR.A.BLE) but this time went with a Christmas-y chocolate chip cookie cake.
I mean who can resist a huge chocolate chip cookie during the holiday season??
The cookie cake disappeared in no time flat last nite!
Holiday PEEPS Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- PEEPS chicks in assorted flavors (I used red velvet, sugar plum, sugar cookie, and cinnamon roll)
- 1 roll of refrigerated cookie dough ( I used chocolate chip)
- Assorted sprinkles and candies for decorating: orange candy coated sunflower seeds, green m and m's, black and green dot sprinkles, holly and berry sprinkles, red-green-white candy corn, vanilla tootsie rolls, large red ball candy,
- Purple candy melting wafers (cut in half)
- 1 cup of vanilla candy melting wafers
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (or chocolate candy melting wafers) and green candy melting wafers
- Green and red food writers
- Vanilla buttercream (tint some red and green)
- More holiday sprinkles for cookie cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For Rudolph Reindeer PEEPs: Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and add to a freezer bag. Snip an end and pipe antlers onto parchment paper. Let harden 5-10 minutes before moving. Attach to cinnamon roll chick with melted chocolate. Attach large red candy to with melted chocolate as nose. Use melted vanilla candy and add detail around neck and add green sprinkle in center.
- For Polar Bear: Melt vanilla wafers in a microwave safe bowl and add to a freezer bag. Snip an end and pipe ears and nose onto sugar cookie flavored chick. Attach black buttons and nose detail with more melted candy. Soften vanilla tootsie roll for 7 seconds in microwave. Roll out long strip for scarf. Cut to size with clean kitchen shears. Color with red and green food writers. Wrap around chick as scarf.
- For Bird with earmuffs: Attach green m and m's to side of chick with melted candy. Add white band with more melted vanilla candy melts. Attach orange candy coated sunflower seed with more melted candy. Attach 1/2 of purple candy melt wafer to side as wings.
- For Red Velvet chick with hat: Melt green candy wafers in a microwave safe bowl and add to a freezer bag. Snip an end and pipe small discs onto parchment paper. Add christmas candy corn. Attach small red ball sprinkle on top of hat with more melted candy. Let harden 5-10 minutes. Use more melted candy and attach holy around neck of chick. Add holy berries for detail. Attach hat to top of chick with more melted candy.
- For cookie cake: Add cookie dough to a 9X3 springform pan. Spread cookie dough evenly. Bake for 30 minutes or until top of cookie is just browned. Let cool completely.
- Remove cookie cake from pan and pipe buttercream around the outside top edge. Add christmas or holiday sprinkles.
- Add decorated PEEPS on top. Slice and serve.