So if your kids are like mine, Easter time tends to be a chocolate and candy overload since the grandparents like to buy them all some sweets for the season. And 3 kids times 4 grandparents, makes for ALOT of candy! (Shhhh don't tell them I give a lot of it away!).
But, these graham cracker bars are a nice compromise since I do still like to do something special for the kids at Easter time.
They are made from cinnamon graham crackers, some melted chocolate or candy melt, and some store bought cotton candy. (Ok they are still sugary but at least it's not adding to the mix of candy bars, jelly beans, peeps and other spring time candies).
And as promised they are really are so simple to make:
- Lay out your graham crackers (keep them big, like out of the pack big) - the hardest part is trying not to break the bar!
- Melt some chocolate or candy melt in the microwave in a zip lock bag
- Snip off an end of the baggie and "pipe" on your design. I went with bunnies because they are simple and really hard to mess up!
- While still wet, add a bunny tail with some cotton candy
- Customize with names or sayings as you like
- Add a border to cute'n it up even more and let the chocolate harden
See, so simple and a fun alternative to the store bought candies that are everywhere right now.
And simple is great for me because I leave for Costa Rica in a couple days. My sister is getting married there (WOOT!) and I'm bringing my 8 year old with me for some 1:1 time. Can't wait, and I'm looking forward to some warm weather, good eats, and some great time with my sister, almost brother-in-law, niece and of course my oldest kiddo. Hopefully I'll be posting about some yummy Costa Rican treats soon!
Have a great week!
Here are some other great and simple graham cracker treats too!
Graham cracker sandwiches
Graham cracker s'mores candy
Ice cream s'mores pops
Graham cracker dessert treats
And stop by these fun sites too!